A British Polling Council Seminar on developments in opinion polling
2 November 2022
St Matthew’s House & Conference Centre, 20 Great Peter Street, Westminster SW1P 2BU
It is now nearly three years since Boris Johnson won an 80-seat majority at the 2019 General Election. The intervening period has seen Britain leave the European Union, undergo the challenges of the coronavirus pandemic and, just a few weeks ago, replace its Prime Minister.
With the next election now closer than the last, the British Polling Council is holding a special seminar to explore the latest developments in opinion polling.
The programme is designed for anyone interested in understanding and using opinion polls: market researchers, academics, journalists, party organisations – and of course the public at large.
On the agenda:
- Lessons from the 2019 General Election
- The new companies on the British polling scene
- Developments in MRP polling
- New analysis strategies
- Panel discussion on The State of Polling Today
Our speakers include:
- Professor Sir John Curtice, President of the British Polling Council
- Gideon Skinner (Ipsos)
- Adam Drummond (Opinium)
- Chris Holbrook (Find Out Now)
- Erik Larsen, People Polling
- Michela Morizzo, Techne
- Professor Ben Lauderdale (University College London)
- Martin Baxter (Electoral Calculus)
- Professor Paula Surridge (University of Bristol)
- Professor Patrick Sturgis (London School of Economics)
- Dr Mark Pack, President of the Liberal Democrats and author of Polling Unpacked
Chair: Jane Frost CBE, Chief Executive of the Market Research Society
Registration starts from 1.30pm, with presentations starting at 2pm.
The seminar will conclude with a drinks reception at 5pm.
We do hope you will be able to join us.
Taking the Electoral Pulse Tickets, Wed 2 Nov 2022 at 13:30 | Eventbrite